Welcome to the Malmo School website. We hope you find this a useful tool to help you learn more about our amazing school!
Registration for Kindergarten 2021-2022 will open February 2, 2021
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
CHOOSING A SCHOOL
Students can attend their designated school if they register (new students) or pre-enrol (current students) no later than April 15, 2021. However, if their designated school uses a lottery process, some students may not be able to attend that school.
Use the Find a School tool to find your designated school.
A student may also attend any other school in the Division, as long as:
- the school has available space
- the student meets any entrance criteria of that school
If the number of students who want to attend a school or program exceeds the available space, applicants from outside the school’s designated attendance area will be chosen by random selection.
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
STEP 1: GET ORGANIZED
You will need to provide your preferred school with documents confirming:
- the address for the student’s parent/guardian
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship status and birthdate (see examples below)
STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
Before you register, it’s important to have your documents ready. You will need to upload the documents to complete and submit your registration.
If you are using a computer, have a scanned image of each document saved on your computer.
If you are using a mobile device, you can take photos of your required documents as you fill out the form.
STEP 3: REVIEW AND COMPLETE THE DIGITAL STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM
To submit your digital student registration form online, you will need to:
- upload your documents
- provide an electronic signature
- enter your email address (this helps us confirm your identity and allows us to send you a copy of the completed form)
There is no option to save your progress. Once you start, we recommend finishing the form.
Need help using the digital student registration form? Submit a request to get help or call (780) 429-8232.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTED DOCUMENTATION
If you’re not sure which documents to provide, contact your preferred school.
LEGAL PROOF OF YOUR CHILD'S NAME AND AGE
If the documents don’t confirm your child’s citizenship or status, parents may be asked to provide citizenship immigration documents (e.g., work permit, study permit or citizenship card or certificate). Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
AFTER YOU REGISTER
Once you submit a completed and signed digital student registration form:
- the form and supporting documents are sent securely to the school to review
- you will receive an email confirming the form has been submitted
- the school will contact you if they need more information (this does not mean your child has been enrolled at the school)
- the school will confirm if your child is enrolled
OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER
If you are unable to register online, use the print version of the student registration form. You can mail or drop off your completed registration form and supporting documents to the school. You should confirm safe drop-off and pick-up measures with the school.